53 Quotes To Give Hope Inspire and Motivate From Christians and the Bible
Read These Quotes and Let Them Sink Into Heart
Hope is the seed of faith. We hope in something greater than ourselves. Greatest hope is in the King of kings and the God of gods. Our hope is in Jesus Christ.
Enjoy and let these quotes on hope give you inspiration and a new resolve to a life that is worthwhile.
We are instructed to have courage and perseverance and hope. God will be faithful to His promise.
- “A Christian will part with anything rather than his hope; he knows that hope will keep the heart both from aching and breaking, from fainting and sinking; he knows that hope is a beam of God, a spark of glory, and that nothing shall extinguish it till the soul be filled with glory.” Thomas Brooks
- "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope" Romans 15:4
God can make a way out when there is no way. He can do the impossible with supernatural grace. No matter how bad it looks to the natural eye God can turn it around in the blink of an eye.
- "If God can bring blessing from the broken body of Jesus and glory from something that's as obscene as the cross, He can bring blessing from my problems and my pain and my unanswered prayer. I just have to trust Him." Anne Graham Lotz
- "Andafter you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10
God wanted us to have a great life, to have peace and joy. He wants to not be condemned but to be qualified to a good calling.
- "You and I are unavoidably and irreducibly hope-based creatures. We are controlled not how we live now, but what we think will happen later. Christian hope has to do with the ultimate future, not the immediate." Tim Keller
- "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
- "But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:4-7
Now we can’t sing and give praise to God when we are tired and out of breath. When we are working our fingers to the bone or worrying, we can't give praise and thanksgiving.
- “Let this one great, gracious, glorious fact lie in your spirit until it permeates all your thoughts and makes you rejoice even though you are without strength. Rejoice that the Lord Jesus has become your strength and your song - He has become your salvation. “ Charles Spurgeon
- "Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31
It is OK to brag about the hope in Jesus that we have. It is by His strength and wisdom we live and succeed. Give the glory to God.
- "Now Moses was faithful in all God's house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope." Hebrews 3:5-6
- “The sins against hope are despair, as anticipated failure, and presumption, as anticipated fulfilment. In both these cases man seeks to break out of his pilgrim existence and have his life otherwise than from the hand of God.” Ferdinand Kerstiens
- "My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him." Psalm 62:5
- "Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:2-5
- "Beloved, whatever you are waiting for or believing for, God will not be late. The Lord is the Healer. He is just. He is the dreamer of dreams and He answers prayers. Be assured that He will bring that prodigal home..... Don't give up hope and one day you will see the resurrection you have been waiting for, come your way!" Cindy Jacobs
- “Many thins are possible for the person who has hope. Even more is possible for the person who has faith. And still more is possible for the person who knows how to love. But everything is possible for the person who practices all three virtues.” Brother Lawrence
- "I choose joy... I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God." Max Lucado
- "For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." Romans 8:24-25
- "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12
- “The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
- “God is not a deceiver, that He should offer to support us, and then, when we lean upon Him, should slip away from us.” Augustine
- “Hope is much more than a mood. It involves a commitment to action...What we hope for should be what we are prepared to work for and do bring about as far as that power lies in us.” John Polkinghorne
- “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4
- “Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever more. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:7
- “But everyone shall sit under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.” Micah 4:4
- "Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake." Martin Luther
- "If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!" L. Moody
- "Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do." Andrew Murray
- “Know also that wisdom is like honey for you:
If you find it, there is a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.” Proverbs 24:14
- "not boasting beyond our measure, that is, in other men's labors, but with the hope that as your faith grows, we will be, within our sphere, enlarged even more by you," 2 Corinthians 10:15
- "And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." 1 John 3:3
- "I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones." Psalm 52:9
- "Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope." Psalm 119:116
- "Look upon my enemies, for they are many, And they hate me with violent hatred. Guard my soul and deliver me; Do not let me be ashamed, for I take refuge in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You." Psalm 25:19-21
- “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us” Augustine
- "Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope." 1 Thessalonians 4:13
- "Remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world." Ephesians 12:2
- "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail." Lamentations 3:21-22
- "Shecaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, said to Ezra, "We have been unfaithful to our God and have married foreign women from the peoples of the land; yet now there is hope for Israel in spite of this." Ezra 10:2
- "You’ve got to believe that God is in control of your life. It may be a tough time but you’ve got to believe that God has a reason for it and he’s going to make everything good." Joel Osteen
- "I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." Billy Graham
- "It's never too late. You can't screw up so badly that God can’t find something worth building in the wreckage, that life can’t assert its return when it is time." Barbara Crafton
- "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you,ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7
- "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
- "God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19
- "For the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out." Proverbs 24:20
- "Faith is the art of holding on to things in spite of your changing moods and circumstances." C.S. Lewis
- "Hope means hoping when things are hopeless, or it is no virtue at all... As long as matters are really hopeful, hope is mere flattery or platitude; it is only when everything is hopeless that hope begins to be a strength." Gilbert Keith G. K. Chesterton
- "Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God." 1 Peter 1:21 NIV
- "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his people" Ephesian 1:18 NIV
The ultimate hope is not in you or something. It is in Jesus Christ and the works He finished on the cross. You have right standing with God and He is faithful to keep His promises.